Gloucester, VA Orthodontist Shares Who Is a Good Candidate for Invisalign® Clear Aligners
Wondering if Invisalign®,or other brands of clear aligners are the best solution for straightening your teeth? The short answer is: probably. We’ll be able to give you the old thumbs up or thumbs down when you come into our Gloucester, VA orthodontist office for a consultation with Dr. Swihart.
When clear aligners were first invented (Invisalign was the first), they were instantly popular as a smile-straightening solution that allowed people to forgo traditional braces. However, they weren’t as effective as they are today; the technology has continued to improve and advance, and modern clear aligners can treat a whole host of orthodontic conditions.
Some of the most common orthodontic conditions that clear aligners can treat include:
- Tooth gaps – This occurs when there is too much space in between certain teeth in the mouth.
- Tooth crowding – When teeth overlap or bunch together.
- Overbites – This is when the top set of teeth protrude forward, ahead of the lower set of teeth in the mouth.
- Overjet – When the top teeth extend horizontally significantly further than the lower set of teeth.
- Open bite – This refers to when there is a space between the top teeth and bottom teeth even when fully biting down.
- Crossbite – Crossbite is when one or more top teeth sit behind the bottom teeth.
Not all cases of the above conditions can be treated with aligners, but many can. Once you schedule your consultation with Swihart Orthodonitics, we will examine your teeth and bite, take photographs and X-rays, and review your specific case in detail to offer recommendations for treatment.
Call us today to make an appointment. Our Gloucester, VA team will be happy to schedule a convenient time for your visit, and will answer any questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you!